Friday, August 27, 2010

Another week

  I know this is coming early, and I know it is short, but that is because I am going to be gone for a Rotary thing this whole weekend and won't have time to write anything new. But I will just give you a little summery of what my week was like, and I will go into more detail on Monday.

     This week I went to a concert where the musicians had mullets and wore athletic cups on the outside of cow pants.
     This week I met another person from the US who lives in my town. We went to go eat friets and in the process were afraid of being mugged or shot.
     This week I discovered my host family had a Wii, but no working batteries for the Wiimotes. (SP, sorry).
     We had a meeting of all of the exchange students in Belgium. There are a lot of us.
     This week I joined a polygamous tribe of exchange students who call themselves the Kanzanianians. (I am the only one from Kansas).
     A fellow exchange student decided that learning names was to hard and that we should all be named    Zombieland style. I am now fondly known as Kansas.

I will have more stories and more detail on the ones above in a few days. I miss you all and hope everything is great back home in the US of A.

~Weston Halberstadt

4 comments:

  1. Weston! I miss you dearly, and I have been following all of your posts. I just finished my first week of classes and I have to say, I've had a super hard time adjusting to my new life. And I'm only 2.5 hours away from KC! I admire you so much for going so far away and having this brand new experience, and I'm glad you're having fun. The pictures are beautiful.

    Feel free to email or text me anytime. I'm always open to advice on how to conquer fears from someone halfway around the world, since I have my fair share of them only a few hours away from home.

    With love,

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Weston,
    I figured this out with Lynza's help. Love your pictures. Miss you,
    Auntie C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I come and visit, will you introduce me to the donkey? please?

    Good luck with everything!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Sasha was the only person who even owned cow pants.

    ReplyDelete